Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle
"In October 1748 the countries involved in peace talks for the previous seven months met to rectify the Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle, which ended the war of the Austrian Succession. Eight powers were represented: Britain, France, Spain, Holland, Sardinia, Genoa, Modena, and Hungry and Bohemia as one state headed by Maria Theresa. The first article stipulated that in the Christian, universal, and perpetual peace to be agreed between them, no 'assistance or protection, indirectly or directly, (was to be given) to those who would injure or prejudice any of the contracting parties.' Article 19 of the Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle was the death knell for Charles:
The 5th article of the treaty of the Quadruple Alliance, concluded at London on the 2nd of August, 1718 containing the guarantee of the succession to the Kingdom of Great Britain in the house of His Britannic Majesty now reigning, and by which everything has been provided for, that can relate to the person who had taken the title of King of Great Britain, and to his descendants of both sexes, in expressly confirmed and renewed by the present article, as if it were here inserted in its full extent.
At the conclusion of the meetings at Aix-la-Chapelle, there was no one in Europe that any use for Charles Edward Stuart. In fact, the terms of the treaty expressly forbade the signatory to allow him into their territory. Charles was told to leave France forthwith for the Swiss city of Fribourg, a retreat Louis had arranged for him; but he refused to be dictated to and paraded around Paris as if he owned the city and all of France. He was warned that he would be arrested and bodily thrown out if necessary, but he still believed he could bluff out of existence in France by putting Louis to shame.
On a night of December 8th, Charles arrived by coach at the opera house. The footman who opened the doors was swiftly brushed aside by armed guards. Upon orders from his most Christian Majesty, the Prince was arrested, trussed hand and foot, and carried off to the person in Vincennes, where he was to remain until his senses were restored.
On December 12th, Charles finely made his submission to the King of France by letter. After a grovelling preamble about his undying devotion to Louis's sacred person, the Prince said he was ready to leave France as commanded. He was released with money and an escort and order to Avignon. They are on December 31st he spent his 28th birthday and saw in the year 1749. He was given a residence by the Pope, with Michael Sheridan and John Stafford of old days to care for him.
Two months later he disappeared, and for the next 17 years, until his father's death in 1766, his whereabouts were shrouded in mystery. He would write sporadically to Rome, but the letters were never dated, nor did they give any account of where he was."
Visiteurs français: cliquez sur "Select Language" -->
Choisir la langue
Christendom Book - Scottish/french
Where was the opera house that Pretender King Bonnie Charles Stuart arrived by coach on December 1749? The Palais Royale!
Proof From Wikipedia:
"Louis Philippe I
In 1752 Louis Philippe I succeeded his father as the Duke of Orléans. The Palais-Royal was soon the scene of the notorious debaucheries of Louise Henriette de Bourbon who had married to Louis Philippe in 1743. New apartments (located in what is now the northern section of the Rue-de-Valois wing) were added for her in the early 1750s by the architect Pierre Contant d'Ivry. She died at the age of thirty-two in 1759. She was the mother of Louis Philippe II d'Orléans, later known as Philippe Égalité. A few years after the death of Louise Henriette, her husband secretly married his mistress, the witty marquise de Montesson, and the couple lived at the Château de Sainte-Assise where he died in 1785. Just before his death, he completed the sale of the Château de Saint-Cloud to Queen Marie Antoinette....."
"Theatres of the Palais-Royal
Plan of the Palais-Royal with the theatre in the east wing (Blondel, Architecture françoise, 1754).
The Palais-Royal had contained one of the most important public theatres in Paris, in the east wing on the rue Saint-Honoré (on a site just to the west of what is now the rue de Valois). It was built from 1637 to 1641 to designs by Lemercier and was initially known as the Great Hall of the Palais-Cardinal. This theatre was later used by the troupe of Molière beginning in 1660, by which time it had become known as the Théâtre du Palais-Royal. After Molière's death in 1673 the theatre was taken over by Jean-Baptiste Lully, who used it for his Académie Royale de Musique (the official name of the Paris Opera at that time).
1780 plan of the Palais-Royal with Moreau's opera house (1770–1781)
The Opera's theatre was destroyed by fire in 1763, but was rebuilt to the designs of architect Pierre-Louis Moreau Desprouxon a site slightly further to the east (where the rue de Valois is located today) and reopened in 1770. This second theatre continued to be used by the Opera until 1781, when it was also destroyed by fire, but this time it was not rebuilt. Moreau Desproux also designed the adjacent surviving entrance facades of the Palais-Royal.
At the request of Louis Philippe II, who controlled the Palais-Royal from 1780 onward, two new theatres were constructed in the Palais-Royal complex shortly after the fire. Both of these new theatres were designed by Victor Louis, the architect who also designed the shopping galleries facing the garden (see below). The first theatre, which opened on 23 October 1784, was a small puppet theatre in the northwest corner of the gardens at the intersection of the Galerie de Montpensier and the Galerie de Beaujolais. [Both Galleries were named after the sons of Louis Philippe II Egalite, Antoine duke of Montpensier and Charles of Beaujolais]. Initially it was known as the Théâtre des Beaujolais, then as the Théâtre Montansier, after which Victor Louis enlarged it for the performance of plays and operas. Later, beginning with the political turmoil of the Revolution, this theatre was known by a variety of other names. It was converted to a café with shows in 1812, but reopened as a theatre in 1831, when it acquired the name Théâtre du Palais-Royal, by which it is still known today."
* * * * *
So, we can piece together the primary Secret of the Jacobites through these historical records.....
Jacobite and Carolingian Bonnie Prince Charles Stuart, the "Pretender King from over the waters," was known to have visited the Paris Opera around the time of Louis Philippe Joseph's birth in 1748, specifically on December 8, 1749, which was also the Palais Royale! There were rumors of Louise Henrietta, the wife of Louis Philippe the Fat, as having affairs, and so we should be able to piece together the sequence of events. Bonnie Prince Charles had an affair with the Orleanist French princess Louise Henrietta and conferred the title of "Pretender King" on Louis Philippe II, his biological son of Orleans!
Voila! This is the proof that some of the Orleanists are descendants of the Stuart-Jacobite family, whom we also reveal were descendants of Charlemagne.
Granted, this may be hard to follow unless you read the book! This is exciting news!
There may be a Carolingian descendant in France "from over the waters!"
These few historical citations seem sufficient to prove that the British and French Pretender Kings are indeed blood-related.